Do you ever read something and you’re just like, damn, they freaking nailed it?
That’s how I felt when I saw this pop up in my Twitter feed, from Wealthsimple.
Here’s the full text:
The Top 10 Reasons to Automate Your Investments
- Canadians pay some of the highest fees in the world. If you’re not automating your investments, you’re probably one of those Canadians.
- Research suggests that the common house cat may have a better chance of picking stock “winners” than your money guy.
- If you want superior returns, you’re better off matching the market than trying to beat it. And that’s not our opinion; it’s Warren Buffett’s.
- It’s good to be emotional, just not in the stock market. Automating means you won’t buy when the market is high, or panic when it’s low.
- Rebalancing your portfolio is like meditating – everyone knows it’s great for you, but most people still don’t do it. Wealthsimple is like getting someone to meditate for you. Ommmmm.
- Investing in the stock market is sort of like investing in human progress. They both trend upward over time, just not always in a straight line.
- Keeping your money in a savings account is like throwing it away very slowly. Thanks, inflation.
- Automatic deposits let you take advantage of compounding interest, mankind’s greatest invention (after antibiotics and Game of Thrones.)
- Instead of visiting a bank branch, you can open an account online, set your risk tolerance, and be off learning to brew beer while your money is on cruise control.
- Don’t worry, we’re not robots. At Wealthsimple, you can always talk to one of our smart, friendly, 100% human experts to help you hit your goals.
I’ve written about investing before, from how you can get started with investing in under an hour, to what you need to know to start investing, to how to choose the right robo-advisor for you. But this list captures how I feel about automating my investments even more perfectly than I ever could have.
Including the fact that sometimes, I help The Boyfriend brew beer, and no, I’ve never managed to get into meditating.
Automate your investments with Wealthsimple and get a $50 bonus when you invest your first $500. Yes, seriously.